In accordance with Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam’s mandate that protective face coverings be worn in public spaces, face coverings will be required for everyone at Dulles International Airport beginning Friday, May 29, 2020. All airport employees, contractors and tenants have been required to wear face coverings while on duty in public areas since May 18.
Things to Know
- All passengers and visitors will be required to wear face coverings or masks during their time in the airports, with the exception of children under the age of 10 and people with medical conditions that prevent wearing a face covering.
- All employees, tenants and contractors are already required to wear face coverings while in the public areas of the airport.
- Travelers are permitted to wear face coverings while going through the TSA screening, but may be asked to adjust their mask during the document verification process.
- Face coverings do not need to be surgical masks or N-95 respirators, and they do not replace other critical health measures like frequent hand washing and appropriate social distancing.
- Cloth masks and disposable masks, as well as hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes are available at newsstands throughout the airport.
Concessions Selling Face Coverings and Healthy Travel Essentials
• Washingtonian – Bag Claim – Terminal
• Washingtonian – Concourse B by Gate B38
• NBC4 – Concourse D by Gate D7
• Hudson – Concourse C by Gate C3
• Hudson – Concourse C by Gate C28
• Stellar News – Concourse B by Gate B50
• Stellar News – Concourse B by B73