Get Ahead With These Travel Tips
- Get there early: To accommodate potential traffic congestion on airport roadways or long lines in the terminal and avoid missing flights, plan in advance to arrive inside the terminal early – at least two hours before domestic flights and three hours before international departures.
- Park one hour for free: Dulles International will offer a grace period of FREE parking in their parking garages for up to 60 minutes this holiday season from December 19 through January 3. This option allows travelers to either surprise your loved ones by meeting them inside the terminal when they arrive or see them off without having to navigate busy vehicle traffic on the departures curb – all at no charge.
- Use the Dulles Cell Phone Lot: If you’re picking up loved ones at Dulles International but would rather not park, the Cell Phone Lot is available and free to use for quick pick-ups. Once loved ones have retrieved their belongings and are waiting outside, cruise through for an easy getaway without having to circle airport roadways while you wait.
- One terminal, any door: At Dulles International, all curbside departure and arrival doors provide the same access to the terminal. Rather than stopping at a specific airline zone, use any open pick-up or drop-off space to avoid blocking travel lanes. Airports Authority police will be directing traffic to the fastest-moving curb.
- There’s an app for that: Mobile apps are great resources for managing travel and staying informed. Download free navigation, airline and travel apps in advance to help you plan your trip and familiarize yourself with the airport. Opt-in push notifications can also alert you to possible traffic congestion, flight delays, gate changes and zone-specific boarding times. The DC Airports app also provides parking information and terminal maps, as well as shopping and dining options near you and on the way to the gate.