Dulles International Airport Traveler Update on Coronavirus
Health & Safety as We Take Flight
The safety and well-being of our customers and employees at Dulles International Airport is our top priority. We continue to monitor the ongoing coronavirus pandemic and remain in close coordination with our federal, state, and local partners.
We are following all CDC-recommended protocols for cleaning the airport and have provided our employees with the CDC’s recommendations on healthy habits. For the latest on COVID-19 from the CDC, visit coronavirus.gov.
- We have increased sanitization in high-touch areas at the airport, including handrails, escalators, elevator buttons, restrooms, people movers, mobile lounges, baggage claim, etc.
- Face coverings are required for everyone at the airport, including passengers, per Gov. Ralph Northam’s May 29 mandate. Children under age 10 and people with medical conditions which prevent the wearing of face coverings are exempt.
- Visit the Face Coverings information page for more details.
- Floor decals are installed to encourage social distancing.
- Plexiglas barriers are installed in areas where airline and TSA staff interact with customers.
- Economy parking rates are in place at parking garages within walking distance of the terminal, eliminating shuttle buses for social distancing purposes.
To encourage social distancing during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, parking and ground transportation at IAD have been temporarily modified.
|Lot Name||Lot Status|
*Garage 1 Parking is temporarily at the Economy Rate of $10 / day or $6 / hour. Effective September 1, the parking rate in the Terminal Lot will be $20 per day. Hourly rates remain unchanged.
Adjusted Concessions Shopping and Dining Hours of Operation Terminal concessions are operating consistent with state guidelines; however, some concessions are temporarily closed or are operating under modified hours. Food and beverage offerings, as well as newsstands, are open in each concourse.
Please visit our Adjusted Concessions Shopping and Dining Hours of Operation page to learn more and get the latest updates for shopping and dining at Dulles International Airport.
The page explains what to expect at TSA security checkpoints and describes added precautions being taken to keep passengers healthy and safe.
Visit the FAQ section for answers to common questions.
On August 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of State updated its COVID-19 Travel Advisories, and there are currently specific travel restrictions between the U.S., China, Iran, Europe, Canada and Brazil currently in effect. Please consult with your airline if you have international travel planned.
As of September 14, 2020, CDC has discontinued health screenings for arriving international passengers at all U.S. airports, including Dulles International. For more information on CDC's protocols for international passengers please click here.
Tips for Staying Healthy
The Virginia Department of Health and CDC recommend personal hygiene, wearing a face covering over the nose and mouth, and frequent hand washing as the best way to prevent illness. This includes:
- Wash your hands frequently, for at least 20 seconds.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a mask when around others.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick and stay home when sick.
- Always cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow, throw away used tissues and immediately wash your hands.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Check in with your airline if you have questions about your travel itinerary.