Dulles International Airport Traveler Update on Coronavirus
Discover Dulles - ANA 777 Star Wars BB-8 Livery
The event has concluded. Thanks to all who attended!
The Discover Dulles Series is Back!
Discover Dulles allows the community to participate in signature events at Washington Dulles International Airport, and get a behind the scenes view to discover how Dulles International operates.
On Monday April 11, 2016, this popular series was pleased to welcome ANA’s Boeing 777 painted in Star Wars BB-8 livery. Thirty (30) randomly selected guests were invited to take photos of the aircraft landing and ceremonial water arch.
The event has concluded. Thanks to all who attended.
- Watch this TV report that aired on ABC7 News.
- See event photos posted on Facebook
- Check back on flydulles.com or follow us on Twitter for future Discover Dulles opportunities.
Rules and Information
- Guests may register beginning Monday, April 4, 2016 . Registration closes on Wednesday, April 6, 2016 at 8:00 pm (Eastern Time).
- Open to all legal residents of the United States. If you are under the age of 18, you must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Only one entry per person will be accepted. Multiple entries will not be honored.
- Participants will be randomly selected and notified via email after 8:00 pm Wednesday, April 6, 2016.
- The participant’s slot is not transferrable if you are unable to attend.
- For a complete list of contest rules and other information, go to flydulles.com and click on “Discover Dulles – ANA 777 Star Wars BB-8 Livery” under the "About the Airport" menu then select “Special Events” section. Hint: You're reading the rules right now!
- Participants may park in the hourly parking lot in front of the Main Terminal. Please be sure to allow plenty of time for check-in, security screening and for Mobile Lounge Departure. Parking will be validated for this day and this event only.
- Guests will need to present themselves for check-in and identification verification on April 11 no later 9:00 am. Please note that late arrivals may not be accommodated.
- Do not bring items that would be prohibited on a flight. See here for TSA's list of prohibited items.
- Participants will be transported via Mobile Lounge to the airfield to view the landing and water arch. Upon conclusion, the Mobile Lounge will return to the Main Terminal and the event will conclude.
- The event will take place rain or shine. Participants should dress for outdoor weather conditions. Cameras and binoculars are encouraged. No open toe shoes are permitted.
- Employees/Relatives of the Metropolitan Washington Airport Authority and All Nippon Airways are not eligible to enter.