The 2019 National Cherry Blossom Festival is coming to the nation's capital, March 20 – April 15. The event commemorates the 107th anniversary of the gift of the cherry blossom trees and the enduring friendship between the United States and Japan. Explore the official events schedule and our celebration in the airport.
Enjoy Cherry Blossom Park
- 12:30 PM- Grand Opening celebration of Ralph Lauren Polo at B37 (possible champagne and a ribbon cutting inside of the store.
- 1:00pm-5:00pm - Cherry Blossom themed mock tail bar, Origami crafts, and Japanese Music (either DJ or live music).
Join an Art Workshop
- Yoshiko O. Weick- Sumie art workshop, 10:00am-12:00pm on the Ticketing level, East Security checkpoint.
Pick Up Your Free Gift with Purchase
March 22-April 15
Stores and restaurants throughout the airport will celebrate the festival with cherry blossom themed souvenirs, apparel, food, and drink promotions.
When you purchase over $100 (pre-tax) at two or more retail or food locations, you will receive a FREE National Cherry Blossom Festival Canvas Tote Bag.* (retail value $30). You can redeem their receipts for the gift at the following locations:
- Ralph Lauren Polo – Concourse A, Gate A32
- Stellar News – Concourse B, Gate B50
- Vineyard Vines – Concourse B, Gate B66
- AMERICA! – Concourse C, Gate C11
- AMERICA! – Concourse D, Gate D7
Enter to Win Free Tickets to National Cherry Blossom Festival Events
Leading up to and during the Cherry Blossom Festival, we will be giving away tickets to Festival events and a special Cherry Blossom Festival Gift Basket. Stay tuned to our social media channels for more information. See rules and details.